There are many natural ways that can help you achieve a better mood. This guide will go over the best methods, CBD supplements, and herbs to improve your mood without any prescription drugs.
General mood-improving tips
- Be sure to drink plenty of water and keep your body well hydrated.
- Eat a healthy diet with many fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. Don’t forget to include foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, like fish oil or flaxseeds. Research suggests that eating foods rich in omega-3s can be a natural mood elevator.
- Exercise has a positive effect on your mood and overall health, so try to get out there and exercise for at least 30 minutes each day. If you don’t have the time or motivation, start by doing five minutes of exercise every day. Gradually, you will build your endurance and stamina.
- Try meditation to keep stress levels down, which can make you feel better overall. Find a quiet place where others will not disturb you and sit comfortably with your eyes closed. Then, breathe deeply through your nose for about five seconds, hold your breath for a few seconds and exhale slowly through your mouth.
- Soothe yourself with a warm bath or shower, which will help to relax your muscles and clear the mind. Be sure to use relaxing scents like lavender or vanilla essential oils in the water. Then, use candles, music or a bubble bath to create an even more relaxing experience.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine, which can make you feel better in the short term and contribute to anxiety. In addition, refined sugars like white sugar or high fructose corn syrup are cut out of your diet because they will increase cravings for sweets.
Natural remedies for your mood
Magnesium is an essential mineral that supports a healthy nervous system; it helps relax muscles and nerves and reduces stress levels. A reduction in stress levels can help relieve tension, irritability or depressed moods.
Magnesium also helps regulate serotonin and dopamine levels in the body, two neurotransmitters that can positively affect our mood.
- Omega-3 fatty acids
Omega 3 is an essential fatty acid that the body cannot produce, so we must obtain it through diet. Studies have shown that people with higher levels of Omega 3 in their blood are less likely to suffer from mood swings than those who have lower levels.
- Probiotics and fermented foods
Another way to naturally boost your mood is by eating probiotic-rich foods like yogurt, kefir or sauerkraut, which contain good bacteria that promote healthy bacteria in your gut. Taking a quality probiotic supplement is another way to increase levels of good bacteria in your body, which can help reduce symptoms associated with depression and anxiety.
- Vitamin D3
Vitamin D3 deficiency has been linked to both depression and seasonal affective disorder (SAD). In addition, low levels of Vitamin D3 have been linked to lower serotonin levels, resulting in feelings of anxiety and depression. Research shows that people deficient in Vitamin D3 tend to show more symptoms associated with SAD than those who have normal levels.
- CBD oil
CBD is a natural compound found in cannabis and hemp, which many believe has relaxing effects. CBD oil for mood improvement is made from hemp strains of cannabis, and it contains no mind-altering THC that gets you stoned. The most common way to use a CBD mood enhancer is by taking drops under your tongue or consuming CBD edibles. You can also apply it topically, which will reduce inflammation and pain in the muscles and joints.