Have you ever found yourself staring at a blank screen with no idea what to write?
It always seems like writer’s block kicks in at the most inopportune times. Just when you have planned out your entire monthly schedule of what days you’ll post, you find that you don’t have the content to fill those slots.
That, my friends, is why I’m presenting you with 30 blog post ideas and prompts to help you get past the writer’s block and into a world of creativity and free-flowing words.
No, I’m not going to ask you to write about your favorite food, holiday, or family tradition. Instead, I wanted these blog post ideas and prompts to be a little more thoughtful and engaging. I hope that they inspire your inner writing spirit!
Career and Job Related Blog Post Ideas and Prompts
- A day in the life of a(n) “insert career here” (e.g. A Day in the Life of an Accountant)
- Tips for getting a job in the _______ field (engineering, business, etc.)
- The best continuing education courses for ________ (web designers, social workers, etc.)
- 7 interview tips you should always follow
- Where to find the best salary info for your career
- How to stand out during a group interview
- The best wardrobe items for a(n) _________ (insert career/job)
- Write about the best sites to take free career and/or personality assessments
- A professional’s advice to students: tips for being a successful worker in your field
- Skills and strengths that workers should have in the field of ___________
- 5 of your biggest Pinterest fails/successes
- Tips for getting the most engaged audience on various social media platforms
- Twitter vs. Facebook – which is better for bloggers
- How to create eye-catching images for social media
- Your most shared blog posts from social media sites
- Thoughts on buying ads on Facebook (or other social media sites)
- # of things I wish I knew as a college freshman
- # of things I wish I knew as a college senior
- College activities everyone should participate in
- Trade school or traditional college – how do I know which one is right for me?
- I failed a class. Now what?
- Networking in college: Tips for building successful relationships
- Weird scholarships for graduating high school students
- Insider tips about the college you went to
- Share some fun college traditions from the school you attended
Encouraging Blog Post Ideas and Prompts
- 10 quotes to get you through a rough day
- Stress-reduction techniques to relax your body and mind
- Write something from the heart! (Just let the words flow)
- A list of things that make you happy/motivated/encouraged or whatever else
- Dear ______, I believe in you because…
You now have 30 extra blog post ideas to get that brain of yours flowing with creativity. That’s pretty much an entire month’s worth of posts to work on!