I’ll be honest – I’ve never really enjoyed the gym atmosphere. Maybe it’s the treadmills that get me (I was a cross country runner after all and we NEVER ran inside), or it could be the fact that there are mirrors everywhere. Whatever the reason, there’s clearly a psychological disconnect between my desire to workout and the performance anxiety I get whenever I walk into a gym.
That’s why I’m thankful for Fitness Blender.
Fitness Blender – Yes, You Should Know About It (It’s Free)
If you read the first paragraph and thought to yourself, “Huh, that sounds a little like me,” then I may have a great solution for you! In case you aren’t familiar with Fitness Blender, take a moment to hop on over to my review and read how Kelli and Daniel (the brains behind this whole thing) have helped me stay in shape without an ounce of equipment.
Did I mention that it’s free?!
Yes, there are Fitness Blender programs, such as the four week booty builder and the eight week weight loss challenges, but you can easily build your own plan from the multitude of workout videos they have in their library.
How many am I talking about?
Let’s just say that if you exercised six days a week for this entire year, you wouldn’t have to do the same workout twice. Yup, there’s that many!
Fitness Blender vs. the Gym – Why FB is the Winner
Let’s just get straight to the facts here:
- Fitness Blender doesn’t cost any money (but the gym charges a membership fee)
- You can access the workout videos anywhere you have internet
- You are receiving personal training from two certified trainers
- Each exercise is specifically put together for a purpose (no more guessing how much of each exercise you should be doing)
- The search filter allows you to choose intensity level, exercise type, and whether you want to target any specific body area or not
- Fitness Blender holds you accountable – you can’t use the excuse “But the gym is too far away” anymore
- Leaving the house when its bad outside involves a rain jacket, getting off the couch and so much more. I’d rather not!
- There’s now an app that allows you to connect with the Fitness Blender community
- You can watch videos that answer any exercise questions you have
- Kelli and Daniel post healthy recipes so that you can eat clean while getting in shape
Do I need to keep going?
There are literally dozens of reasons why Fitness Blender is the clear winner in my book. For all the gym lovers out there, I’m definitely not hating on your territory. I think the gym is a great place, but I also realize that it is a barrier for a lot of people.
That’s why I wanted to present an alternative.
No More Excuses – It’s Time to Do This!
If you’ve been struggling to maintain your New Year’s resolution to get fit for the fifth year in a row, then maybe it’s time to change up your approach and try something different.
For beginners, try completing one of the simple ab or cardio exercises that are offered online. There are plenty of beginner videos to choose from and you can always pause if you need extra rest during your workout.
If you’re more advanced and aren’t sure there will be anything for you, I have great news! There are tons of HIIT workouts that will have you gasping for air just a few minutes in. HIIT workouts are great for burning fat quickly and getting your heart rate up. If you are just looking for some good cardio or strength training alternatives, Fitness Blender has both of those as well. You can easily add in dumbbells or other optional equipment to help you get more definition wherever you want it most.
It’s time to push away any excuses you’ve been using. Fitness Blender is waiting to help you … Will you take their offer?