If you would have asked me just a few months ago if I would plan a wedding in just three short months, I might have considered the idea before laughing at you. In my head, I had envisioned a five or six month engagement so that we had time to prepare everything.
Then life happened.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m super excited that I get to marry my best friend! But did I have any idea of how to plan a wedding in three months? Ha! I think I cut a piece off the cake that was a little too big for me (and I really like cake).
So You Need to Plan a Wedding in 3 Months…
I consider myself a pretty organized person, but that didn’t make finding a venue, getting the caterer, agreeing on a cake, or anything else any easier. In fact, we actually had to have the entire wedding planned in about a month due to the unexpected (though welcomed) life event that happened. So if you are one of those soon-to-be brides that decided to throw a wedding together in one month, then you’ll also find this post series to be helpful.
My plan is to share my tips for how to plan a wedding in three months or less over a series of posts so that you don’t have to sift through one really long post to get the details you need. Simply look for the topics that you want some guidance or ideas on and then feel free to stop by at a later time when you need additional advice!
Things I’ll Be Reviewing
There is A LOT to do to get prepared for your big day, but don’t let that stress you! Start by taking things one day at a time and don’t forget to enjoy your engagement while you’re at it.
To help take some of the weight off your shoulders, here are some topics I’ll be covering:
- Setting a realistic wedding budget
- Wedding sites that you’ll want to be a part of
- Finding a great (and affordable) venue
- Picking out your perfect dress (without emptying your wallet)
- Creating or buying wedding invitations at budget-friendly prices
- Deciding on your catering options
- Considering different dessert and cake options
- Fashionable bridesmaids dresses that don’t necessarily come from a brick and mortar store
- What photography services you are interested in
- Getting your registries in order
- Wedding day prep (getting things in order right before and during your big day)
This is just a list of some of the things I’ll be talking about over the course of this series! By the end of it, I hope you’ll feel more confident about how to plan a wedding in three months or less.
To get you started, feel free to check out the following posts I’ve already completed:
- Customized Wedding Invitations: Beautiful Designs for All Budgets
- Wilton Wedding Invitation Kit Review
- Wedding Wardrobe Woes? Let ModCloth Wedding Styles Help
Again, congratulations on your big day! I hope you’ll take the time to say hello in the comments below 🙂