“Tiles enhance the beauty of your heaven.”
Have you ever wondered why??
The answer is because tiles show the taste of your choice.
That means the type of tiles you choose for your home reflects your fashion sense!!
Precisely isn’t it?
But that’s the reality.
What’s the first thing you notice when you enter someone’s home?
Precisely, the walls and floors of the living room!!!
But have you ever wondered whether it’s a tough job to install your own?
Honestly speaking, it’s not at all a sturdy job if you have the right equipment with you.
With the right plans and tools, you can easily install your tiles.
This article will illustrate some simple tips that you can use easily to install your tiles.
Tips And Tactics for Installing Your Tile
- Before you install your tile, the first thing you need to do is know how many tiles you’ll need. So carefully measure your space and determine the square footage. The reason is tiling can vary in size, and you must purchase the right amount. Always keep in mind to order an extra ten percent for any cuts and mistakes. With this additional amount, you can adjust the errors made during the application.
- To get the best results, try installing a backer-board, especially if you fit your bathroom tiles, as backer-boards are waterproof. This will allow providing a smooth and even surface for better tile installation.Use a light coating of glue and screws to attach the backer-board onto the walls. If you will install the tile of your floor, roll out a water-resistant underlay to cover the whole area you will tile.
- Always go to the center of the area which you are going to tile. Take a ruler, and draw a horizontal line and a vertical line. This will create quadrants of the site which you are aiming to tile.
- The moment you have determined the design of your tiling. Start the installation from the center of the area which you have marked. Before you jump for work, spread the tile adhesive onto the backer-board into one of the squares in which you will put the tile. Keep on setting the glue until all of them are evenly distributed. The reason it’s so important because it holds the tiles firmly on the wall.
- After you have even spread the adhesive from the center point of the quadrant, start putting your tiles. Remember, when you have placed the tiles, always apply gentle pressure to push your tiles in your place, allowing the adhesive to hold the tiles firmly. For achieving the best results, place tile spacers between each tile for an even and gorgeous layout. Sometimes you’ll notice that the tiles are not evenly placed; that’s because while installing tile, the spacer was not used.
- You’ll notice that many pieces of tile are too big or uneven. This problem can best be solved by using a snap cutter or wet saw to make straight cuts. If a tile needs to be notched or have a centerpiece cut out to accommodate an outlet, use a wet saw.This will allow you to make precise cuts and remove the uneven parts of the tile. But be very careful while cutting the uneven tiles because you don’t want to miss beyond the required opening.
- Don’t hop onto the tiles just after the completion of the installation. That’s because the tiles are not yet strong enough to withstand the pressure or any high traffic.Let the tile sit overnight. After that, use a trowel and apply the grout to the joints of the tiles. Grouts are types of fillers or dense fluids used to fill the joints on your tiles.
Start applying the grouts from one corner of the tile to the opposite side of each tile. Repeat the same procedure for all the squares of the tile. And make sure to apply the grout evenly and liberally. Don’t miss out on filling any of the gaps on the tiles.
Once the grout is set, let it dry for 20 minutes. Then take a wet sponge and wipe the grout lines with clean water. Wait for approximately 72 hours before you start walking or placing your furniture on the tiles. It’s highly recommended that the manufacturer for more specifications about the grout you use. You can also use a grout haze remover to remove any haze left on the surface of the tile.
- Finish the tile floor installation by applying silicone sealant to the expansion gaps. This will take a while to get set entirely onto the tiles. Wait for at least three weeks; then, you can apply grout sealant. You will use the grout sealant because it will help protect the grout from staying intact on the joints of the tiles. After all, these are done, install baseboards and quarter-round molding as the final touch. Also, install transition strips as needed to cover flooring seams when going from one room to another, especially from tile to another type of flooring.
Many people think that it’s quite a hard nut to crack as far as tiling is concerned. It’s a misconception that you can’t tile your floors. Yes, it can be lengthy and time-consuming. But if you have the perfect planning and strategies to carry out the work, it can prove very easy.
Moreover, having the right equipment and tools will surely help you carry the work with ease. And also, make sure to know about the costs required to fetch those types of equipment as you must get yourself good quality tools for this job.
Furthermore, always seek the advice of a professional because they know a lot more about these fields of work. This will help you to have a proper guideline to work yourself out!! And also will save a lot of time.
I hope this article will help you know about all the tips required to tile your beautiful floors.